Recycle old Christmas cards into Christmas decorations
Christmas decorations can be very expensive, especially if you don’t buy them on sale AFTER Christmas. Adding one or two full-priced ornaments to your collection each year isn’t that expensive, but if you buy a lot or are just starting your ornament collection, the cost can add up quickly.
This is a great idea if you’re short on funds, like a lot of people right now, or you’re just looking for a fun craft for kids. It’s easy to create Christmas tree decorations out of old Christmas cards. These may not be your ideal ornaments, but the price is right and they look good.
Necessary crafting items:
* Pinking scissors (zig zag scissors)
* Christmas colored ribbons (use recycled ribbons from last Christmas)
* Hot glue gun and white glue (children should use only white glue)
* Old Christmas cards
* Cinnamon sticks
* Little bells
* Old buttons
* Any other ornament you have on hand
These are really simple to put together and you can get the kids to help you out. Children love this kind of thing.
* With the sheer curtains, cut out shapes or forms from the old Christmas cards.
* Apply hot glue to the ends of a 6 “-8” ribbon loop on the back of the card at the top. If you want to keep the ornament simple, you can call it complete, on the other hand, you can take the opportunity to dress them up by adding a small cinnamon stick to the ornament. You can also dress them with bells or whatever else you have around the house. Chickens can be really mean to each other, especially if they don’t have room to get away from each other.
As a safety precaution, do not allow young children to use a hot glue gun, burns will occur and burns with a hot glue gun will really hurt.