Social Media Marketing Tips and Tricks for 2018
As we enter a new chapter in a new calendar year, it’s time to start thinking about effective social media marketing strategies for your small business. To stay ahead of the competition, it is imperative that you adjust your marketing strategy to take advantage of prevailing trends and the ever-evolving market for various business industries. The small business platform has changed a lot in recent years and keeping up with those changes can be challenging.
Here are some social media marketing tips to stay ahead of the competition in 2018.
- Increase your visibility – The reason why social media marketing is so important is because so many people spend time there. You cannot increase the visibility of your business and your personality online with a private page. During 2017 I saw a lot of this and it made me scratch my head a bit. I’m not sure why, but the downsides to this can hurt your brand. If spam comments are your biggest concern, this can be controlled and removed using the lock button and updating your settings. The goal is to accommodate your audience and generate leads. Make sure every piece of your social media strategy meets the goals you set and the people who will see it. Refine your presence on social media. It is vital to the survival of your brand. Increasing your visibility generates traffic and invites participation.
- Focus on mobile – Most of the searches and visits to the website are carried out through mobile devices. Unfortunately, most companies have yet to really embrace mobile devices in their marketing strategies. Make sure to optimize your website content and digital assets for mobile device users this year. The efforts will improve your ROI from all digital channels and drive potential customers to your website by increasing search engine traffic in revenue. I’m not just talking about design and loading speed, but really optimizing the user experience for site search, commerce, form entry, navigation, and general mobile usability.
- Make engagement a priority – You need to be social on social media. It is not a soap box for you to stop to make an announcement from time to time. It was built so that people from all over the world could connect with each other. The size of your “followers” on social media doesn’t matter if no one is paying attention. A large following makes you feel good, but if there isn’t a message for them to follow, your brand is unlikely to have much of an impact. What really matters is commitment. Engagement is what earns you shares, which generates leads that turn into sales and loyal customers. You should also make it a point this year to revisit your buyers’ personas frequently to make sure your message stays fresh and relevant to your audience. This level of interaction is what solidifies your brand.
- happy – Planning your calendar and content strategy for this year should be at the top of your to-do list. If it hasn’t started yet, yesterday would be a good time. Paid ads on social media are great. They generate good leads. But it is equally important to learn how to create a reliable, predictable and scalable flow of traffic that turns into customers and clients so that the business stays afloat with or without it. This can only be achieved by producing great content. All it takes is some effort, trying a few different tactics, and consistency. If you’re willing to invest the time, you can have all the benefits of a well-trafficked business and website without spending an astronomical sum on paid ads. As a business owner and content creator, it’s part of your job to provide compelling information to your customers about your products and services. Great content, engaging headlines, backlinks, optimized SEO, sales campaigns, and email marketing drove great, reliable traffic and sales long before the paid social media game was invented. . It still does.
- Video streamed live – Real-time video is becoming more and more popular with consumers. Many social media platform giants are investing more money to improve their video streaming capabilities and for good reason. It offers new opportunities for content marketing and customer engagement. It is a format that has gained tremendous momentum in the last 12 months and is the future of the brand. It’s a great idea to add it to your business marketing strategy this year.
In general, the more specific and strategic you can get with your social media marketing plan, the more effective it will be in its implementation. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram, there is a lot you can do in the way of marketing and creating new opportunities for yourself while adding tremendous value to your customers, clients, and readers. Don’t make your social media marketing strategy so high and broad that it’s unattainable. Balance is key. Always keep your customers and audience in mind. A good business objective will guide your actions, but it will also be a measure by which you determine whether you are succeeding or failing.