Top 10 Survival TV Shows and Reality Shows
I love survival shows and reality shows, and I want to share some of my favorites with you. Reality and survival TV shows are instructive, a re-enactment of a true story, dangerous occupation, or adventure, and they make us feel like we’ve experienced the tough fight alongside the people featured. We’ve all seen survival in the wild, urban survival, crabbing in the Bering Sea, and all kinds of cool topics that allow us to learn and be entertained at the same time.
It’s hard to choose, but here are some of these wonderful programs. They are from a variety of channels including Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Outdoor Channel, Spike TV, truTV, and CBS. I know there is more out there, but in this article we will try to choose the cream of the crop.
* Survivor CBS combines survival in the wild as a team player and as individuals in this competition for a $ 1,000,000 jackpot. Players must outwit, outmaneuver, and outlive each other, as competitors are eliminated at different stages. This is one of the first and best reality TV shows, and it has been going on for quite some time.
* Deadly catch Discovery Channel’s features crabbing in the Bering Sea, and follows various boats and crews during different crabbing seasons. These are tough captains and fishermen in one of the most dangerous occupations out there. This program portrays the hardships of the weather, working conditions and the personal stories of each crew member. This is another one of my favorite reality TV shows and it continues to be watched by many fans.
* Dual survival, one of the Discovery Channel’s survival shows, features survival experts Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury. This program is instructive and entertaining, showing a variety of climates and conditions. Cody Lundin is more of the minimalist / survivor hippie type and Dave Canterbury has a military / hunting background. Both men come from unique perspectives, giving viewers great insight and insight.
* Man vs. Wild features Bear Grylls, who served with the UK Special Forces. This is another one of Discovery Channel’s survival shows and it puts Bear in different places around the world. Man vs. Wild keeps your attention and offers another way to survive the elements in urban and wild environments.
* The best defense: survival! It’s from one of the Outdoor Channel survival shows. Hosts for this show are Michael Bane, Michael Janich, and Rob Pincus, who also host The Best Defense. This show is highly instructive, showcasing urban survival skills with episodes on survival room, food, water, medic, security, transport / bugout, bugin / shelter in place. Supplies and urban survival skills are a great addition for most viewers, providing instruction and plans for a variety of situations.
* Survive the disaster Spike TV, directed by Navy SEAL Cade Courtley, is also one of the best survival shows I have ever seen. Surviving Disaster episodes include Hijack, Towering Inferno, Hurricane, Earthquake, Home Invasion, Avalanche, Lost at Sea, Mall Shooting, Nuclear Attack, and Pandemic. Cade Courtley and his expert instruction could save your life, so watch and pay close attention to this excellent Spike TV show.
* Shouldn’t be alive from Animal Planet recreates real stories of survival. There is something different about a show when you know it really happened. Unlike the other shows, this one has the survivor tell their own personal story, with incredible real life survival situations. They range from mountaineering, plane crashes, lost at sea, lost in the Australian outback and many other life-threatening ordeals. Animal Planet has the story recreated, with the actual survivor narrating the events. These are truly amazing survival stories.
* The surprising race is another one of the reality shows of CBS TV, and is an adventure and competition between teams. Each pair receives limited instruction and resources to travel between a variety of locations, and tasks must be completed along the way. After each stage, the last team to reach the destination is eliminated. This program is extremely popular.
* Conspiracy theory Featuring Jesse Ventura on truTV it may not be your typical show, but to survive, you need to know what’s really going on in the world. Jesse Ventura and the truTV investigation team delve deeper into the investigation, do interviews, and present the facts behind difficult conspiracy theories. The episodes include topics such as Lyme Disease, Secret Societies, Wallstreet, JFK Assassination, HAARP (weather modification), Big Brother, 9/11, and many other interesting topics.
* Shipping impossible on ABC is one of the newest survival reality shows on television and it seems to be an excellent adventure competition. This show comes from executive producer Mark Burnett, who also produces Survivor and The Apprentice. Expedition Impossible has 13 teams of 3 people, as they must complete a stage of the journey each week, with 10 impressive stages to travel. The first team to finish wins $ 50,000 for each member and a brand new Ford Explorer. This will be an excellent reality and survival show.
These are some of my favorites and I hope you enjoy them too. As mentioned above, there are many more TV survival shows and reality shows that are live now and past that are great too, but these are my top 10 picks. Education and fun combined is without a doubt the best way to keep your mind sharp.