Inspirational quotes for graduation announcements
Instead of buying mass-produced graduation announcements and graduation invitations that look exactly like everyone else’s, go online and add family photos, personal style, and unique messages to create memories of this year’s graduate. Of course, high school and college are not the only institutions that people graduate from: beauty school, law school, police academy, kindergarten, boot camp, and various other occasions that deserve recognition from family and friends. Graduation announcements and invitations help ensure that everyone hears the good news, attends the ceremony itself, or is invited to the prom.
Certainly, the photos selected to create memorable graduation announcements and invitations will have a great impact on your appearance. The words used to create the messages can also create or undo personalized correspondence. Fortunately, there are more inspirational quotes available than could ever be used in a lifetime. Some are funny, some are grim, but all share the pride and celebration inherent in accomplishing something so great. The recognition is well deserved and friends and family will be delighted to share the good news.
Schools almost always have a special song and a unique catchphrase that is used to sum up the dreams and goals of students. Parts of these verses can easily be integrated into a graduation announcement. An advantage of using the graduate school slogan in the graduation announcement is that the school colors can also be used as an overall color scheme. In the same way that songs and school mottos, popular cheers, books and even songs can be searched for inspiration. If the graduate has a special achievement, such as sports, academics, or a school club, that fact can also provide inspiration.
Words of wisdom
There are countless websites dedicated to famous quotes and words of wisdom. Here are just a few ideas that could easily be integrated into a unique graduation announcement:
1. Don’t follow where the path takes you. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
3. The fireworks start today. Each diploma is a lit match. Each of us is a fuse. -Edward Koch
4. Wherever you go, regardless of the weather, always bring your own sunshine. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
5. Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire. – William Butler Yeats
6. All our dreams can come true … if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
In each case, the quote reminds both the graduate and others that this great achievement is actually just a beginning, a starting point, from which all things are possible.
Using humor to entertain does not necessarily detract from the seriousness of the achievement. Unique graduation invitations and announcements can use humor to share this exciting news while maintaining academic personality with inspirational and somewhat silly quotes like these:
1. Education is an admirable thing, but it is good to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught. – Oscar Wilde
2. Your families are extremely proud of you. You cannot imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be the best time to ask for money. – Gary Bold
3. The problem with learning from experience is that you never graduate. – Doug Larson
4. The tassel is worth it! – anonymous
Motivation and advice
Almost everyone has advice for new graduates. These inspirational quotes, and others like them, can remind us of all the wise wisdom that has been offered to us.
1. The direction in which a man’s education begins will determine his future. – Plato
2. Make the most of yourself, because that’s all there is to you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going. – Beverly Sills
4. You can’t get to the top by sitting on your butt. – proverb
5. Do not judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow. – Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Nothing happens unless it is first a dream. – Carl Sandburg
7. Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
8. Always be a first-class version of yourself, rather than someone else’s second-class version. – Judy Garland
9. Don’t meet expectations. Get out there and do something unforgettable. – Wendy Wasserstein
Regardless of the words you choose to embed into your personalized graduation announcements and graduation invitations, your graduate is sure to appreciate your efforts and will earn the praise they so highly deserve from family and friends who supported them along the way.