• Who said that beauty can only be achieved by spending a fortune on cosmetic products? If you feel that way, then let me tell you one thing that is a big mistake. Cosmetic products can be harsh on the skin and heavy on the pocketbook.
• So I urge everyone to go natural to look beautiful and save some money and your delicate skin too. Nature has a wonderful product in your kitty that can be of great help to beautify yourself naturally. Yes, I am referring to the tomato, which is a huge reservoir of beautifying properties. The good news is that you can easily get it in your kitchen pantry.
• This article has presented the top 11 tomato beauty benefits. All of these beauty uses of tomatoes are very easy to use. Read on to find out how to use tomato juice in your beauty applications.
tomato beauty benefits
1. You can use tomato juice to shrink open pores on your face. Combine 2 -4 drops of lemon juice with a tablespoon of tomato juice. Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water to shrink open pores.
2. Crush a tomato and spread its pulp evenly over your face. Keep it on your skin for an hour before rinsing it off. Finish with a good moisturizer. Your acne will subside after regular use. The tomato has cooling properties to soothe the skin and astringent properties to absorb excess oil from the face, which helps reduce acne.
3. Cut a tomato in half and press on the blackheads. Rinse and follow with moisturizer. Rubbing tomato slices on pimples is a proven home remedy to cure ugly pimples on face.
4. Take the juice of a tomato and mix its juice with cucumber juice. Then dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply it to your face every day. This preparation controls the oiliness of your face and keeps acne at bay.
5. Mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice with 4 tablespoons of buttermilk. Apply it on your skin. Wash after 30 minutes. Try this home remedy to heal and soothe your sunburned skin. The nutrient lycopene found in tomato is said to protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
6. If your skin is raw, burned, irritated and dull, then the tomato and yogurt face mask can be a rescue for your dull skin. Apply tomato juice mixed with yogurt on the skin and rinse after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. The yogurt imparts a healthy glow and protein boost to the skin and the tomato neutralizes the skin’s surface while refreshing it.
7. Apply tomato juice and honey on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes before washing it off. This home remedy works great to give you a clear and glowing complexion. Tomatoes are packed with the power of vitamins A and C, which help brighten dull skin. So enjoy the benefits of applying tomato on your face with this home remedy.
8. Simply eat a tomato in the morning to lose unwanted and gangly fat deposited in your body. You can also drink tomato juice twice a day to reduce weight. You can drink tomato juice just ten minutes before eating to reduce your appetite. It surely works because it stops fermentation and decomposition in the intestines. Through fermentation, sugar and alcohol are created in our body which leads to weight gain.
9. Simply apply tomato juice or tomato slices to your hair to increase your hair’s natural PH and restore its natural color. Tomato is a natural conditioner that gives hair a natural shine.
10. Apply tomato pulp on dandruff infested scalp for 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo to treat dandruff.
11. Mix tomato juice with avocado to make a wonderful cleansing mask for combination skin. The moisturizing and antiseptic properties of avocado mixed with the astringent power of tomato work wonders on combination skin.